Welcome to Purple Class!
Mrs Booth is our teacher.
Our teaching assistant is Miss Mekota.
Sometimes Mrs Ahmed helps us with our learning too.
In Purple class we make learning fun and encourage everyone to be a Super Turtle!
Our Learning Journey this half term is
What a Wonderful World!
In English we will be looking at story structure, setting and characters as well as writing our own recounts. We will also be exploring poems with rhyming couplets.
Our Maths learning will be exploring numbers to 20 with addition and subtraction.
In Science we will learn how to identify and classify materials and taking part in scientific investigations.
We will be creating maps and looking at their key features in Geography.
In History we will be looking at how toys have changed over time.
In RE we will look at the various festivals of Light including Diwali, Hanukkah and Christmas.
Our Information Technology learning will be finding commonly used buttons on a keyboard.
In Art we will be cutting, tearing, shaping and gluing a variety of materials to make a collage.
We will be improving relationships in PSHE and thinking about how to solve friendship problems.
In PE we will be developing dance moves and creating our own dance sequences.
In Music we will learn how to follow instructions when singing and using musical instruments.
We are also looking forward to preparing for our Christmas performance!
We will also be :
· Using our Super Turtle Learning Powers to become happy
· Learning new phonemes and graphemes (Phase 3 & 5).
· Spelling tricky words and using phonics learning in our spelling.
· Reading: reading aloud, sounding out words we are unsure of, talking about what we have read and checking it makes sense.
· Discussion and sharing of ideas, through clear delivery of whole sentences.
· Handwriting: looking at correct letter formation, size and position on the line.
· Self-help skills: organising belongings within the classroom, making sensible choices and developing strategies for dealing with tricky situations.
· Developing understanding of the 4 Bees and how they help us to behave well with others.
Our learning journey this half term is